The Advance Queensland scholarships assist in attracting and retaining promising researchers to foster increased linkage with industry/end-user organizations.
Firstly, the Advance Queensland is the Queensland Government’s innovation agenda. It is already contributing to building the new economy creating sustainable jobs and delivering better outcomes for communities.
Scholarships are available for pursuing a full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue their chosen career.
The program provides top-up funding of up to $45,000 over three years (GST exempt) for Scholars to undertake an applied Ph.D. research project. This includes a thesis submission payment of $2,500 for Scholars who submit their thesis within 3.5 years of commencement.
Moreso, the Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding, the scholar must be nominated by a Queensland-based agency, including universities, research agencies, government organizations, not-for-profit/charitable organizations and businesses. The proposed Ph.D. Scholar must:
- Be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the scholarship
- Be commencing a full-time Ph.D. research program at a Queensland university in 2017
- Furthermore, have applied for a primary Ph.D. scholarship that is:A 2017 Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), or
Other PhD funding that equals or exceeds the value of a 2017 APA.
- In addition, have a research proposal that:Addresses one of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities (PDF, 671KB), or
Is aligned with a Queensland Government Industry Roadmap area; or
Involves research that will support entrepreneurship and small to medium enterprise growth in Queensland
- Spend at least 50% of the scholarship physically co-located with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organization.
Nationality: Australian citizens can apply for PhD Scholarships.
How to Apply: Each application must contain
- A completed online application
- Copy of the nominated Scholar’s academic transcript
- Letter(s) of support from the proposed industry/end-user partner organisation(s)
- Signed financial incentive agreement declaration (PDF, 151KB).
Application Deadline: Lastly, Online applications close December 12, 2021.
View scholarship details via this link
Finally, Was this article was helpful? if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.