This article on the Chalmers University of Technology details in full the information needed. Read down carefully for more.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including a position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers master’s program.
Chalmers is a highly progressive university situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. From this beautiful and dynamic part of the world, we have become known locally and globally for education, research and innovation with a wide range of applications.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate degree
- Award: Covers 100% of the tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: US citizens
- The award can be taken in Sweden
How to apply for scholarships
Apply for a Master’s programScholarship applications will be processed when the corresponding online application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se has been completed, including having submitted all the required documentation verifying your eligibility and having paid the application fee. Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master’s program applied for will finally be considered for a scholarship.
Rank your programmesThe ranking of the master’s programs that you applied for is crucial for the assessment of your scholarship application. To maximize your chances of being offered a scholarship from Chalmers you should select a Chalmers programme as your number one priority (you may add a total of 4, and your nr1 must be a Chalmers alternative).
Read the scholarship requirementsRead the requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application.
Master’s Scholarships Study Subject
The field/s of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2021, the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per area of education from the previous academic year.
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2-year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies.
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To participate in this program, the applicant must be applying for the master’s degree program in any of their chosen subject offered by the Chalmers University of Technology for the academic year 2021-2022.
- 1st year master’s programme applicants
- US citizens who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies.
Master’s Scholarships Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.