Applicant for OFID scholarship must be from a developing nation and must first be admitted undertaking Master’s degree studies at any reputable institution.
Through its scholarship program, OFID seeks to help very dedicated and motivated people in overcoming one of the major obstacles to their careers—the expense of graduate study.
Four students or applicants for master’s degree studies will receive OFID scholarships
Level/ Field of Study
The OPEC Scholarship is a fully funded master’s scholarship available to students who want to focus on Development or Energy Studies.
More so, they include economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Every accredited university on the globe is qualified to apply for an OFID scholarship grant for overseas students.
The OPEC/OFID scholarships for developing countries are available to OFID member countries that are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
See the list of developing nations qualified for an OFID Masters scholarship. OFID has 13 members. After a 22-year absence, Ecuador renewed its membership in June 2014.
Read this if you want to study for a degree abroad.
Aside from OPEC/OFID scholarships in 2022, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad.
To access all of the scholarships offered, look through our list of scholarships by region available.
The complete scholarship of up to $50,000 and will be given to the OFID Scholarship Award winners.
The money will be distributed over a maximum of one year to help students finish a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at a school with accreditation.
Eligibility OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2022
Candidates who wish to be considered for the OFID master’s Scholarship must consider the following.
- Must be of an age at the time of application submission and must be between 23 and 32.
- Must have earned, or be about to complete, an undergraduate Baccalaureate degree from an approved institution or university, or its equivalent.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or its equivalent, is required.
- Must enol in courses at an approved university for the following semester, which begins in August or September 2015, and must continue to do so full-time throughout the Master’s program.
- Must be an individual from a developing nation (except OFID Member Countries)
- Finally, the economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), the environment (desertification), or other relevant scientific and technology sectors. Must choose a subject of study that relates to OFID’s main goal.
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and that all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- STEP 2: Use your email address to sign up on the OFID Scholarship Portal. Please understand that you can use the portal as much as necessary before submitting the application.
- STEP 3:Fill out the application form. Every time you update your application, remember to store your data. . Do not submit your application until you have finished all of the requirements.
- STEP 4: Attach the following documents: a resume, two letters of recommendation, records from the highest level of school completed, an admission letter to a postgraduate program, a copy of your passport, and a personal essay.
- STEP 5: Your application is prepared for submission after it has been completed and all required documents have been uploaded. After submitting your application, you are unable to make any changes or add any additional files.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Scan of the most recent certificate from a university.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the school of your choice, certifying to your admission, the topic of your studies, and the length of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- proof of any requirements, including communication skills.
- A brief essay of 500 words or less outlining your motivation for applying for the OFID scholarship, your educational objectives, and how you plan to use the knowledge you gain while pursuing your Master’s degree to support the development of your home nation.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).