Here is all you need to know about the UTS Media Transition Doctoral Scholarships and its terms of engagement for prospective applicants.
The University of Technology Sydney is a public university in Sydney, Australia. The university was founded in its current form in 1988, although its origins trace back to the 1870s. It is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities.
About UTS Media Transition Doctoral Scholarships
For study that will contribute to an ARC Discovery Project on media pluralism and online news, UTS is offering a PhD scholarship.
Researchers from the University of Sydney’s Department of Media and Communication, the University of Technology Sydney’s School of Communication, and the University of Technology Sydney’s Faculty of Law are working on the project.
Beginning in the Autumn Session (February 2019) and continuing for three years, the PhD candidate will enroll through the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and be based at the Centre for Media Transition at UTS.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to research the effects and implications of disruption and transition in the media sector.
Test Requirement: No
Nationality: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
The successful candidate will be awarded $27,000 per annum over 4 years. All scholarships at UTS are dependent upon ongoing satisfactory academic progress.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia. “UTS Media Transition Doctoral Scholarships”
1. To encourage interdisciplinary research, the scholarships are being offered as a joint initiative of the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, and the Connected Intelligence Centre.
2. Candidates will be enrolled through one faculty but will work on an interdisciplinary project.
3. Candidates’ research topics need not directly cross all these disciplines, but preference will be given to proposals that include elements from at least two disciplines.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply
1. Applications for the Media Transition Doctoral Scholarship must be submitted early for commencement in Autumn session (the next year).
2. Applicants for the scholarship must also apply and be admitted to the PhD degree at UTS.
3. International students must apply for admission to a PhD degree , while new domestic students must apply after the international students.
4. Applicants should send a single Word document comprising a one-page statement which outlines your experience, training and expertise relevant to this project and a 200-300 word summary of your proposed project, along with a CV and the names and email addresses for two referees, by EMAIL to Law.Research-at-uts.edu.au.
5. Students currently completing Honours or Master’s degrees should list academic results to date, and likely date for completion (which must be before the PhD degree application dates mentioned above).
6. Applicants should also consult the additional application procedures for the applicable faculty. Law applicants should read the information on the pre-assessment process for higher degree research students.
Application Deadline: Not ongoing for now.
Click Here for more information.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about the University of Technology Sydney Media Transition Doctoral Scholarships 2022, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform–friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.