The CSC scholarship also called the Chinese government scholarship is offered to over 243 Chinese Universities annually. To apply for this scholarship, an online application is a mandatory requirement.
After that, the Chinese Government Scholarship applicant has to submit both the CSC Scholarship application form and the University admission form directly to the University to process the application.
Application is hereby invited from qualified applicants for the Bachelor, Master or doctoral (PhD) degree courses in various disciplines taught in English & Chinese language in Chinese Universities.
What is the CSC Scholarship? (Chinese Government Scholarship)
Chinese Government Scholarships is an initiative taken by the Chinese Government to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation, and mutual understanding between other countries and China.
Every year, Chinese Universities are awarded scholarships by the Chinese Government. Some of the scholarships are CSC Scholarships, Confucius Institute scholarships, CAS-TWAS Scholarships, Chinese Provincial Government Scholarships, etc.
Significant Benefits of the CSC Scholarship
1. Undergraduate Program students will receive CNY 2500 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free accommodation.
2. Master Program Students will receive CNY 3000 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free room
3. Doctoral Program Students will receive CNY 3500 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free room
Eligibility Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2022
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements for Chinese Government Scholarship:
1. International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
2. Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
3. Minimum Age Requirement:
• Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
‣ For a master’s degree, the age limit is 35 years
• For PhD degree, the age limit is 40 years
4. Minimum qualification:
‣ Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
• Bachelor Degree for the master’s degree
‣ Masters degree for the doctoral degree
How to Apply for the CSC Scholarship
Before you begin the application process, please keep in mind that an acceptance letter or an invitation letter from a professor of Chinese University is optional.
Candidates of Chinese Government Scholarship may follow the following steps to submit a CSC Scholarship application:
Quick Steps to Apply for CSC Scholarship
2. Find the CSC Scholarship webpage of the University.
3. Create an account on the China Scholarship Council website.
4. Fill CSC Scholarship Online application form.
5. Select category B for CSC Scholarship.
6. Select University name and fill agency number of university.
7. Submit the scholarship form and download pdf (portable data format).
8. Attach all required documents with CSC scholarship pdf form.
9. Check if University requires a separate admission application or not.
10. Check if University requires an application fee or not.
11. Submit application fee (if required).
12. Attach admission application, documents & CSC Scholarship pdf form.
13. Make two sets and send them to the University address.
14. Wait for CSC Scholarship Results
For a better understanding and an easy application process, we have detailed the application process below.
Detailed Application Steps for CSC Scholarship 2022
Below is a more detailed step to help you have a stress-free application experience.
Step 1: How to Fill the CSC Scholarship Online Application Form
•Create your profile and CSC scholarship web account
‣ Fill the CSC Scholarship Online Application Form. Click here to go to form.
• Make separate CSC portal accounts if you wish to apply to more than one University
‣ Find the agency number of the Chinese university where you want to study
• Insert the agency number of your Chinese University in the online application form
‣ Select the type of the CSC Scholarship award which you want and select ‘category B’
• Fill your credentials and desired degree course you want in China
‣ Submit your online application
• Download the Scholarship online application form
Step 2: How to Submit the Scholarship Application to the University
‣ Find out if that Chinese University requires an online application for admission alongside the scholarship application or not
• Where online admission application is not required by the university, submit CSC Scholarship online application form only and send your documents to the university
‣ If they want you to submit an online application for admission to that particular Chinese University, then apply online first on their website. Attach your scholarship application form in the online application system of that University
• Fill the rest of the admission form and scholarship sponsorship form at that particular University site and review your application before submission
‣ Submit your application and make 2 sets of documents and dispatch it to the University address
Requirements for the Scholarship Application
Ensure you have the following:
1. Attested copies of degree and transcripts.
2. Two recommendation letters from your teachers.
3. An Acceptance letter (Consent Letter) from a professor of a Chinese University is optional, but where you have to, a Motivation Letter is recommended while you send emails to professors to request an acceptance letter.
4. IELTS certificate or HSK award letter if you have (Both optional), you can also provide a simple English Proficiency certificate.
5. Obtain an attested medical examination report from your doctor.
6. Write a detailed and impressive research plan and state clear reasons why you choose a Chinese University for your next degree? Master’s degree students can write a Study Plan.
7. Apply for a passport if you don’t have it and make sure you have it at the time of submission of your Scholarship application
8. If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
9. Choose a reliable courier service to send your scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University.
10. Keep in mind that the deadline for Chinese Scholarship (CSC) varies in all Chinese Universities. Check with your chosen University for their deadline.
11. If you win the Scholarship then the next step will be to receive admission and Chinese Student VISA documents at your residential address.
12. Finally, you have to make an appointment to visit the Chinese Embassy to apply for a Chinese VISA.
Age Requirement for CSC Scholarship 2022 | Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. Programs
‣ The maximum age requirement for the undergraduate degree program to apply is 25 years.
• Candidates for the master’s degree program should not be more than 35 years.
‣ Ph.D. (doctoral) program candidate should not be more than 40 years.
The deadline for CSC Scholarship 2022 in all Chinese Universities is prior to April 30th every year.
● Visit Here for more information on how to Apply
Chinese Universities Offering CSC Scholarships 2022
1. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai
2. Tsinghua University, Beijing
3. Shandong University, Jinan
4. Tianjin University, Tianjin
5. Beihang University, Beijin
6. Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing
7. Chongqing University, Chongqing
8. Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan
9. Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang
10. Jiangsu University Presidential Scholarship
11. Dalian University of Science and Technology, Dalian
12. Shanxi Institute of Energy, Jinzhong
13. Jiangsu University Belt & Road initiative Scholarship, Changzhou
14. Hebei University CSC Scholarship China
15. Jiangsu Teachers University of Technology, Changzhou USA Culture Exchange Scholarship
16. Donghua University, Shanghai
And lots of other universities. See more here.
There are varieties of Chinese government scholarships. You can learn more on https://www.cucas.cn
FAQs About CSC Scholarship
Is IELTS Required for CSC Scholarship 2022?
No, IELTS is not required for the Chinese Government Scholarship. English Proficiency Certificate can be accepted as an alternate of IELTS to apply for the Scholarship.
What is the English Proficiency Certificate?
English proficiency certificate is a document that certifies that your previous or current degree institution used the English Language as the language of study and communication.
How to obtain an English Proficiency Certificate?
You can visit your registrar’s office of the last attended University to ask for English Proficiency Certificate.