Also, a lot of people have written essays on it. However, writing a great immigration essay demands some techniques. In this article, we will give examples of some great topics.
Great Immigration Essay Topics for Students
Below are some immigration essay topics for students:
US Immigration Essay Topics
Below are some US immigration essay topics for students:
- Analyze how minimum wage and immigration affect the average price in the US and Canada.
- Explain how immigration affects the US today.
- Analyze the current plan of American immigration policy. How can it be improved?
- Discuss the immigration rates before and after the Civil War.
- Evaluate the effects of the immigration of Europeans (1492-1700) on the American Indian Population.
- Analyze the situation with illegal immigrants from Mexico. And what are the consequences of such immigration?
- What are the positive effects of immigration in the US?
- Explore US history and find out how Americans responded to immigrants those days and today.
- Analyze how immigration legislation has changed from 1790 to the present. How has this influenced the treatment of immigrants?
- Describe the last wave of immigration in the 1960s. What issues of stratification were faced?
- Compare the views of US presidents on immigration issues. What were the crucial reforms made?
- How has the immigration system changed after 9/11?
- What are the most current immigration problems in the US today? How can these problems be addressed?
- Discuss how Trump’s immigration policies have impacted the US.
- Discuss Third World immigration as a threat to the US and other developed countries.
More US Immigration Essay Topics
Below are more US immigration essay topics:
- Explore immigration from Vietnam to the US after the Vietnam War.
- Explain the influence of volcanoes and climate – triggered immigration to America in the 19th century.
- Analyze the US immigration policy in regards to discrimination.
- Explore Chinese immigration to the US in the 18th century.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Trump’s border wall against drug trafficking and illegal activities.
- How has immigration impacted the American Industrial Revolution 1880-1920?
- Discuss the effects of border control on the US immigration policy.
- Describe the peculiarities of immigration reforms under Jim Crow.
- Should the US be an“open-boarders” nation with a liberal immigration policy?
- Analyze the impact of immigration on US cities at the turn of the century.
- Describe the responsibility of the US concerning immigration around the world.
- Explore the influence of Latino immigrants on the religious beliefs of Americans.
- Explain whether immigration helps or hurts US economics and society.
Extra US Immigration Essay Topics
- Explain what economic, legal and social issues surround illegal immigration in the US.
- How does the immigrant population influence laws and policies in the US?
- Why is the US immigration policy unstable? Refer to the DREAM Act with this issue.
- Explain how the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 have changed American views on immigration.
- Analyze how the immigration of Mexicans to Texas affects the local economy.
- Analyze the problems of immigrant women in the US.
Below are some immigration essay topics for an argumentative essay:
- What can the US do with undocumented immigration?
- Should the US be more isolative and create a strict immigration policy?
- What events and issues in the 20th century have affected modern US immigration policy? How?
- Discuss the waves of immigration to the US. How has it shaped American society?
- How does illegal immigration affect US politics and the economy?
- Should English be the one official language in the US in regards to immigration? Why?
- Discuss the views of Donald Trump on immigration.
- How does illegal immigration influence American society?
- What are the origins of the growth of illegal immigration in the US?
More Argumentative Immigration Essay Topics
- Should immigration to the US be paid or free?
- Explain the relationship between drugs and US immigration. What should officials do to eliminate it?
- Should illegal immigrants that live in the US for a long time have a path to legal residency or citizenship?
- What if immigration didn’t happen in 1850-1920? Explore the possible future situation.
- Should immigration laws be revised? Why?
- How does immigration relate to criminal justice?
- Are there links between crime and immigration rates? How can the crime be prevented?
- How are discrimination, racism, and ethnocentrism connected to immigration?
- Does mass media provide sufficient information about immigration policies in the US?
- How do immigrants assimilate with their new culture?
- What types of discrimination do immigrants typically face?
- How difficult is it for immigrants to adopt the culture of their new country?
- What effects does illegal immigration have on the economy?
- How has immigration patterns changed in the United States in the last 50 years?
- Are immigrants forced to leave behind their own culture to blend in better with their newfound country?
- How welcomed do immigrants feel in their new country?
- These are some excellent topics to base your essay on immigration around. They will give you plenty of chances to cite various sources.
Now you have a list of great topics to write your immigration essay.