So, in this article, we will give you details on how to check your 9mobile account balance and Etisalat balance recharge.
9Mobile, formally known as Etisalat, is a multinational company based in the UAE but has operations spread across the middle-east and Africa.
The company changed its name from Etisalat to 9Mobile on the 14th of July, 2017. Its operations in Nigeria commenced in 2008 and its major operations involve the provision of data, GSM, and international roaming services to its customers.
At end of a crucial management meeting of the telecom firm in Lagos, 9Mobile was unanimously adopted as a new brand name.
The decision followed Emirates Telecommunications Group’s withdrawal from further involvement in the ownership of the Nigerian subsidiary.
How to Check Etisalat Account Balance
As Etisalat/9mobile Subscribers, there is a need to check out your account balance arise either checking for data balance or credit balance, we are quick to turn to Google for search.
However, most time the need to find out how to recharge our Etisalat number using USSD code also come into play.
In this article, we will definitely walk you through the code to carry out our task with ease without calling the customer care number via 200
First, let take a look at the meaning of the USSD code.
What is USSD?
USSD is a Global System for GSM cellular communication technology that is used to communicate with mobile network providers.
Such communication services can be seen as sending text between a mobile phone and an application program in the network provider.
Checking Etisalat account balance can be done in two (2) ways:
1. USSD Balance Check
This is the most obvious and efficient way of checking your Etisalat account balance. These are the steps to follow:
‣ Dial *232# on your phone and send.
• Your account balance/airtime credit is displayed on your phone immediately within seconds.
‣ An SMS of the account balance would also be sent to you.
2. My9Mobile App Check
• Download and install the 9Mobile app from Apple Store or Play store.
‣ Log in to the app using your Facebook or Gmail account.
• Search for the “Check Balance” option and click on it. Your account balance will be displayed.
How To Check 9Mobile Data Balance
You can make use of two methods here, either with SMS or via USSD code
• SMS to Check Data Balance: Text “info” to 228 to know or check your 9mobile data or internet bundle balance.
‣ USSD to Check Data Balance: Dial *228# on your device to see the balance.
Other Useful Short Etisalat Codes
• Etisalat details of SIM–#132#
‣ Etisalat details of the connection–*2622#
• Etisalat for calling a tune–*3592#
‣ Etisalat Service number–#111#
• Etisalat Missed Call activation–*3462#
Etisalat Bank Recharge
There are several ways of recharging your Etisalat balance. So, after checking your account balance, if you need to recharge it, follow the methods below:
1. Etisalat mobile application is one of the most convenient ways of balance recharging. It is free and available both on IOS and Android mobile platforms.
2. To recharge your prepaid mobile account quickly, you can visit www.etisalat.ae/quickly. The transaction is made with any credit or debit card by entering only the phone number and the amount of money.
3. Etisalat also offers online services. You have to log in and then you are allowed to recharge your Etisalat balance online. Visit www.etisalat.ae/online and choose the needed options.
4. Using recharge cards and eVouchers is a traditional way to top up your mobile balance: Buy an eVoucher in the nearest store and Dial *120* and enter the card number.
5. If you own a prepaid or postpaid mobile account, you can transfer credit to your account. To do that, you only have to dial *100*phone number*amount#.
So easy, isn’t it? Etisalat has an international credit transfer service. It allows you to transfer credit to any number. This service is free. You only need to send an international number via SMS to 1700.
6. Etisalat payment machines – is a place where you can do a recharge. You can find them in any Etisalat’s store.
7. By using any bank’s ATM channel, you can recharge your balance as well. Online banking, phone banking, and other services can serve this purpose.
What To know About 9mobile in Nigeria
9mobile, formerly known as Etisalat, is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world and the leading operator in the Middle East and Africa, headquartered in the UAE.
Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services (EMTS), trading as Etisalat, is a Nigerian company duly incorporated under the laws of Nigeria in partnership with Mubadala Development Company and Etisalat of the United Arab Emirates.
Incorporated in Nigeria as a private company, it gained the Unified Access License from the Federal Government in January 2007.
The license includes a mobile license and spectrum in the GSM 1800 and 900 MHz bands. Etisalat acquired a 40% stake in EMTS and is now the operator of the Unified Access License.
Etisalat has been a telecommunications service provider in the United Arab Emirates since 1976 and has footprints in 18 countries traversing the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
9mobile has many years of operations. It has built up state-of-the-art telecom infrastructure and taken a leadership position of innovation and reliability among regional and international operators.
In Nigeria, Etisalat made the first official call on its network on the 13th of March 2008 in the presence of officials from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
During September of the same year, it kicked off commercial operations with the innovative 0809uchoose campaign, which enabled Nigerians to choose numbers special to them as their mobile numbers.
Full commercial operations began in October 2008.
9mobile consistently shows its core values of optimism, simplicity and caring for which it has become known in other markets to the Nigerian people as it offers them world-class telecommunications services.
It is investing heavily in the Nigerian economy as well as in its own human resources.
Etisalat is committed to taking its place amongst leading corporate citizens in Nigeria by making wide-impact and sustainable social investments.
Etisalat believes that apart from offering a solid platform of technological innovation, sustainable investment is the bedrock of stellar growth and economic stability.
Indeed, at 9mobile, the future is a world in which technology extends people’s reach on all fronts. “Check 9mobile Account Balance”
The head office is at Everest Court, Plot 19, Zone L, Federal Government Layout, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria.
If you found this article useful and would love to get more updates like this one kindly subscribe below, by entering your email and hitting the share button to share with your friends.