If you are looking at getting a Walmart scholarship then this article explores the possibility of having one plus the requirements therein.
The Walmart Foundation’s mission is to provide individuals with opportunities to live better lives.
Walmart is committed to making people’s lives better by addressing community needs and expanding educational, workforce development, environmental sustainability, and health and wellness options.
Walmart also assists with disaster relief, veterans and military families, people with disabilities, and other underserved groups.
Does Walmart Offer Scholarships?
The following scholarships are available through Walmart scholarship programs:
1. Sam Walton Memorial Community Scholarship
2. Walmart Scholarship for High School Graduating Students for Walmart Employees Returning to School
3. Walmart Dependent Scholarship (offered by Walmart Family Foundation) for Walmart employees’ dependents
4. The Walmart Associate Scholarship is available to Walmart employees.
5. Walmart High School Senior Scholarship (for Hispanic students)
Walmart Achievers Scholarship Program (for Hispanic students with select majors)
What is the Value of a Walmart Scholarship?
The Walmart Scholarship Program provides up to $13,000 in scholarships that can be used over a four-year period.
The curriculum is intended for students who have a high school diploma, a home school diploma, or a GED. The winners will receive a maximum payment of $16,000 over a six-year period.
Qualified candidates will be considered based on their financial needs and academic performance after completing the online application procedure.
What are the Walmart Scholarship 2023 Requirements
Before registering for the Walmart Scholarship, associates must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. You must be a US citizen or a permanent legal resident of the country.
2. Must have worked for any Walmart division for at least six months after the application deadline for the award period in which the associate is being considered.
3. Must have graduated from high school or home school, have obtained a GED, or be a graduating high school senior planning to attend college or university after graduation.
4. If you are a graduating high school senior, you must apply within six months of beginning college courses.
5. You must have a financial need and be able to prove it with paperwork.
It should be noted that associates who pay for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board solely through other means are ineligible.
6. An associate must have graduated from high school/home school, obtained a GED, or been a graduating high school senior within six months of beginning a college course before applying.