To commemorate CocaCola in 1986, The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola bottlers collaborated to establish the CocaCola Scholarship.
Because of this dedication to education, the Foundation is able to assist over 1,400 college students each year.
With $3.4 million in annual scholarships provided by two nationally recognized programs on behalf of the Coca-Cola System.
Does CocaCola Give Scholarships?
The CocaCola Scholars Program scholarship is a merit-based award given to students in their senior year of high school.
Students are recognized for their ability to lead and serve, as well as their dedication to making a positive difference in their schools and communities.
With the 34th class in 2022, the Foundation will have provided more than $78 million in educational support to over 6,600 Coca-Cola Scholars.
Each year, 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are chosen to receive this $20,000 scholarship. In March 2023, the 35th class will be announced.
CocaCola Community College Academic Team
Through the Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team Program, administered by Phi Theta Kappa, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation proudly supports two-year colleges.
The Program annually distributes 200 stipends (up to $237,500) to four tiers of recipients in varying amounts:
1. 50 New Century Gold Scholars will receive $1,500 each.
2. Silver Scholars (50) receive $1,250.
3. A total of 50 Bronze Scholars will receive $1,000.
How Do You Know if You’re Eligible?
To be eligible for the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be a current high school senior in the United States.
2. Be a citizen, national, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, Cuban-Haitian entrant, or humanitarian parolee of the United States.
3. Plan on receiving your high school diploma during the current school year.
4. Make plans to attend a US post-secondary institution that is accredited (two- or four-year college)
5. Be able to demonstrate a minimum overall B/3.0 GPA in high school courses.
6. Cannot be the child or grandchild of any Coca-Cola bottling company, Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries employee, officer, or owner.
If you meet all of the above requirements, you’re on your way to submitting a successful CocaCola Scholars Foundation Scholarship application.
When Do You Find Out Whether You’ve Been Selected?
The scholarship recipient selection process is divided into several stages. First, approximately 2,000 semi-finalists will be chosen by mid-November.
If you reach this stage, you will be required to submit additional scholarship materials by late December. Essays, a recommendation, and a current high school transcript will be included.
In January, a program committee reviews semi-finalist applications in order to select 250 regional finalists by the end of the month.
Regional finalist interviews (via phone or Skype) are held in February. After regional interviews, the scholarship recipients are chosen and notified.
Scholars are invited to attend a Scholars Weekend in Atlanta at the end of March or early April.