Applications for the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 are currently open. Now in its 5th Cycle, the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) is DBN’s flagship initiative. With capacity building being a primary mandate, DBN has already trained over 2,000 MSMEs across Nigeria both digitally and physically through the DBN Learning Management System (LMS) and partnerships.
About the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme
The annual DBNETP aspires to meet the following objectives:
- Ensuring MSMEs have the necessary skills to create viable and robust business proposals
- Enhancing the ability of MSMEs to access available credit
- Strengthening the capacity of MSMEs for efficient fund utilization, trade, investments, and market access
The programme employs a blended learning format that includes both virtual and physical training.
This consists of a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of basic business principles broken into 9 modules. The training will utilize the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
This consists of a 5-day intensive practical training based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be selected for this phase, to be trained in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
All participating businesses will have the opportunity to pitch their business value proposition, and 25 businesses will be chosen to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
- Business owner must be at least 18 years old.
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for profit, and it can be from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
Training Programme Process Flow
The program involves several steps, beginning with registration on the DBN BizAid application. Applicants must complete at least 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform, achieve an average score of 70% from all quizzes, and then apply for face-to-face training. A screening process will select eligible businesses based on specific criteria.
- Bankability – The readiness level to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability – Demonstrated potential for business growth to create jobs.
Interested candidates can register here.
For additional information, visit DBN.
The application process is ongoing.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme presents a unique opportunity for business owners to build the necessary skills for success. With a blend of virtual and physical training sessions, business owners can gain practical insights into managing their operations more efficiently and developing sustainable business models. Eligible entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply and leverage this unique opportunity.