Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australia Awards are the flagship of the Australian development cooperation program and are an important component of Australia’s investment in education. Scholarships have been an important component of the Australian Government’s efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development since the 1950s.
They offer long- and short-term study and professional development opportunities to citizens from developing countries around the globe. They aim to provide enhanced leadership, knowledge, and technical skills to partner governments, tertiary institutions, and strategic organizations that are driving sustainable development.
Australia’s biggest annual fully-funded scholarship applications have just announced! Australia Awards Scholarships 2021 in Australia are long-term fully-funded awards. Students from partner countries of Australia are eligible to apply and avail of this opportunity.
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Program that are related to your country’s priority areas for development are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology, or military training.
Coordinating Authority for Nigeria:
- Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation of Nigeria (Abuja)
- National of Nigeria
- Professionals working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector, or a Non-Government Organization (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- Professionals who wish to undertake a Masters’s degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study. (Masters of Business Administration are not permitted)
- Persons with a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the study of a Masters’s degree will be used to improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study.
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards targets equal participation by women and men.
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
- At least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application
- At least three (3) years post-graduation work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to the proposed field of study and to employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience).
- Possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors’s degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution of at least four (4) years in length with at least a 2nd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- Public sector, private sector, and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) when they apply.
- Must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- Must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook
Support Service Options
- Provision of course research support for short-listed candidates
- Special needs assistance as deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis
- Standard Australia Awards Scholarships support conditions for awardees – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply