M1 visa is a type of Student visa reserved for those pursuing their vocational/technical courses abroad and looking to expand their academics.
This visa comes with a fixed duration of time, and they do not permit the students to work in or outside the campus during this time.
1. What Is M1 Visa?
M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for those pursuing vocational/technical courses, other than language training to enter the U.S.
2. How Do I Qualify for it?
To qualify, you must:
1. Prove that your intention to enter the U.S. is temporary.
2. Attend an approved vocational study program.
3. Engage in a full course of study.
3. What Privileges Would I Enjoy?
With this visa, you may:
1. Enter the U.S. as a full-time vocational/non-academic student.
2. Transfer from one school to another.
3. Work legally in and outside the campus on a part-time basis.
4. Travel in and out of the U.S.
5. Apply for M2 visas for anyone accompanying you to the U.S.
4. What Are The Limits ?
With this visa, you may:
1. Transfer from one school to another but only with permission of the USCIS.
2. Not be permitted to change your course of study.
3. Work legally outside the campus but only with the permission of the USCIS.
4. Take anyone with you to the U.S. but they may not work.
You may not work on a m1 visa, however; you may apply for practical training on completion of your studies.
If approved, you may have one month of practical training for every four months of your studies.
You will be limited to only six months of practical training.
6. How Can I Apply For Employment Authorization?
The documents required for this registration include:
1. Form I-538: Certification by the designated school to the USCIS, certifying that:
a. The purpose of employment is for practical training.
b. I will relate the training to the course of study.
c. The same type of training is not available in your home country.
2. Form I-765: Application for employment authorization.
3. Form I-20I-D signed by the Designated School Official (DSO).
However, your application must be sent to the USCIS 60 days before your studentship expires and 15 days after completion of your studies.
7. What Is The Duration of Time I Can Stay In The U.S. ?
You may stay for a year or as long as they still enroll you as a student plus a month to prepare to leave the country.
8. Can I Apply To Extend My Stay ?
You may, on completion of your studies, pursue practical training.
If approved, you may have one month of practical training for every four months of your studies. Also, you will be limited to only six months of practical training.
9. How Can I Extend My Stay ?
You must complete and submit Form I-539: Application to extend or change nonimmigrant status and Form I-20I-D, send to the USCIS at least 15 days before you are allowed to stay in the U.S.
10. How Do I Apply?
The documents required include:
1. A valid and previous passport is still in your possession.
2. Form DS-160 is fully completed and signed.
3. Recent passport photographs with a white background.
4. They issue a police certificate within the last year if you are14 and above.
5. Original Form I-20M-N issued by the school you will attend.
6. Electronic verification of acceptance for enrollment received at the Embassy from your school.
7. Proof of sufficient funds.
FAQs about Facts to Know Before Applying for an M1 Visa
Below are FAQs about Facts to Know Before Applying for an M1 Visa. Please, kindly examine the answers.
1. What documents are required ?
M1 Visa Requirements
1. A valid passport for 6 more months after the expiration of your visa.
2. Your DS-160 confirmation page.
3. Your visa appointment letter.
4. One US Visa photograph.
5. Receipts that prove you have paid your fees.
6. Your original I-20 form and one copy.
7. Proof of your educational qualifications such as:
2. How long does it take to get a US M1 visa?
four to six weeks
3. How long can you stay in the US with an M1 visa?
You may stay in the U.S. on M1 visa for one year, or for as long as they enrolled you as a full-time student in a vocational program plus thirty days to prepare to leave the country, whichever is shorter.
4. Can M1 visa get a work permit?
M-1 visa holders for technical and vocational programs may not work during their studies.
Therefore, the M-1 student visa applicants must have evidence that sufficient funds are immediately available to pay all tuition and living costs for the entire period of intended stay.
5. How hard is it to get an M1 visa?
The application process for an M1 visa is straightforward and is very similar to the process required for an F1 visa. I-20 Form: First, you will need to get an-20 form.
6. Is M1 visa easy to get?
While applications can be made at any of US Consulate or Embassy abroad, qualifying for an M1 visa is usually much easier when applying from the country of permanent residence.
More FAQs about M1 Visa
7. Who is eligible for M1 visa?
An M1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for nonacademic or vocational studies. The US Department of State issues the visa after they have accepted you to study at a community or junior college.
Also, post-secondary vocational school, or post-secondary business school, with at least 12 semester or quarter hours.
8. Can M1 visa marry U.S. citizen?
M1 Change of Status
However, you can apply for an employment-based visa if you did not intend to adjust status when you came into the U.S.
Moreover, you can marry and adjust status as long as you did not intend to do so when coming to the U.S.
9. Can M1 visa holder work in USA?
Students on M1 visa may accept employment in the U.S. as a part of their practical training by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
However, to change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on an M1 student visa, you must change your visa status.
10. Can M-1 students work?
Work. M-1 students cannot work while they study. However, when their vocational studies have finished, M-1 students can work full time in a practical training role that is related to their vocation.
- 100 best new year messages for 2024
- Fastest ways to immigrate to Canada as a panel beater in…
- The Importance of Research in Essay Writing in 2024
- Fastest ways to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer in…
- Fastest ways to immigrate to canada as a chef in 2024/2025
- Fastest way to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher…