Panther and jaguar are two different big cats. Jaguars are larger and stockier and are mainly found in the Western hemisphere. Panthers are powerful, intelligent, and exotic animals, and are mainly found in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.
Panther animal is very powerful. Generally, it occurs in both species the jaguar and the leopard. Panthera pardus is a genus in the Felidae family.
The differences between these animals are best seen by the statue. The jaguar is constructed all the more firmly. They can be easily recognized by their head. In any case, the least demanding path is to see them in their normal environment.
It is a kind of a leopard, particularly a dark one. The Panther is otherwise called the Black Panther and it is a huge individual from the Big Cat family. They are natives of America, Asia, and Africa.
The Panther is definitely not a unique species itself, the name is generally used to refer to Big Cat with a dark-hued, particularly Leopards or Jaguars. They are probably the most grounded climber all things considered.
Panthers can range in size and weight considerably depending on species, with some males being able to reach even 550 pounds (250 kg) and tigers typically reaching between e (90-306 kg).
Their habitats vary greatly too, from Asia to Africa and the Americas and from tropical regions to deserts and even arctic to freezing alpine areas.
Jaguar is the only big cat in the ‘Panthera’ genus that can be found living in the Americas. The jaguar is the third-largest cat (after tigers and lions) and they can be found in southern United States, Mexico, most of Central America, and across the north of South America.
The jaguar is often confused with the leopard due to the markings on the coat. Jaguars are, however, heavier, larger, and sturdier than leopards.
Also, the rosettes on their patterning are larger, less closely packed, and usually have black dots in the centers. Jaguars also live in America, while leopards live in Asia and Africa.
The jaguar is a good swimmer. It also has a very powerful bite, more so than the other big cats. This allows jaguars to kill prey by biting through their skulls. Jaguars have short tails and legs and are quite stocky, but they are powerful and sturdy.
Notable Distinctions Between Panther and Jaguars
These are the key differentia between both:
1. Panther belongs to Class Felidae and Genus Panthera.
2. Jaguars belong to class Mammalia and Family Panthera.
3. Black Panther is very powerful and one of the strongest climbers of all known felines belongs to the big cat family.
4. Panthers are solitary animals and mostly nocturnal.
5. Unlike leopards and jaguars Panthers don’t have any spot on their body or tail, instead, they have smooth shiny skin.
6. Jaguar is one of the strongest species in the world and is able to crack a skull or shell of a turtle.
7. Panther preys on small species of herbivores.
8. The panthers may be black in color while the jaguars may be spotted.
9. There is a difference in the weight and length of panthers and jaguars.
10. Jaguars would usually weigh around 124-211 lbs. or 56-96 kilos while, the Panthers, on the other hand, would weigh around 100-250 pounds.