Phlebotomy Learning Opportunities for 2023/2024 present an exciting pathway for individuals interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. These programs offer hands-on training and valuable experience in the art of blood collection, making them an ideal choice for those aspiring to become skilled phlebotomists.
There are a variety of companies that offer Phlebotomy learnerships yearly. Candidates will learn the inside workings of a laboratory, blood work and more. They will receive intense training?while being taught more on the physiology, anatomy, laboratory safety, blood collection, pathology, the transfusion process, medical ethics, diagnostics and even monitoring. They will learn about diseases, blood compilations, and testing methods.
Most Phlebotomy learnerships will be for a duration of 24 months, however, some companies may only offer this learnership for a 12 month period. Most candidates who make the shortlist will be interviewed, and may be required to do a pre-interview test.
Candidates who get selected for these learnerships, may be used in the following:
- Transport of blood from patients, from Laboratories or Blood Banks
- Collect and process blood from patients or human body products
- Medical or clinical blood sample testing
Phlebotomy Learnerships Available
There are numerous companies offering a Phlebotomy learnership, some of these are:
- Lancet Laboratories
- https://mytopschools.com/globallogic-technologies-recruitment/Global Laboratories
Phlebotomy Learnerships Requirements
Candidates must be permanent South African residents and citizens, with a valid South African ID Document. Candidates must be prepared to enter into a work agreement for the duration as stipulated by each individual company.
Candidates applying will be required to have the following:
- Grade 12 / Matric with Biology & Mathematics Literacy
- Proficient in English (read, write and speak)
- Understand Afrikaans or another language (Read & Write)
- Must be Computer literate
- Applicants must be able to work under pressure
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Must be willing to collect samples (Blood / Body parts)
- You must be able to process samples (Blood / Body parts)
- Must be committed to learn, in addition to a willingness to work
- Candidates must be prepared to work shifts or overtime when required
- Must have greatly developed work ethics
- You must be able to work with customers, delivering great customer relations
Candidates must ensure they have their own transport, accommodation, and meals. Candidates will receive a monthly stipend, the amount will depend entirely on the company offering the learnership. Candidates with a disability are also welcome to apply.
Phlebotomy Learnerships Application
Learnerships online applications are made available during the year as the need within each company arises.? For some you will find an online application process, however, others will only provide a downloadable application form.
Candidates applying must ensure they complete all fields of the application, and sign the form before sending it in. Please include certified copies of all academic records, ID documentation, personal recommendations, motivation letter plus your Curriculum Vitae. Any application that is missing information or documentation, will not be considered.
Phlebotomy Learnerships Closing Dates
These learnerships have different closing dates, in accordance to the company. Candidates are urged to please allow between 20 and 60 days for correspondence. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear anything from the company, please accept your application as being unsuccessful. Background and credit checks may be done on selected candidates.