The Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship is aimed at mid-career professionals with demonstrable leadership potential in the field of cybersecurity or cyber policy in India.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017.
Cyber Security Fellowship Information
Course Level: This is a 12-week fully funded residential program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of cybersecurity or cyber policy.
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship includes:
- Full program fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. Students must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years of relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have significant work experience in cybersecurity or cyber policy issues, either as a policy formulator, commentator, or academic.
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering, or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English to be assessed by the qualified English language assessor.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the program.
Nationality: Citizens of India can apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL ibt
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
How to Apply: Applications for Chevening Fellowships can be submitted using the Chevening online application system. Prior to start applying for a Chevening Fellowship please ensure the applicant have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
Optional: English language (if already met the requirements)
Applicants can submit an initial application without the optional document and upload them to their application at a later date.