EtonHouse has launched an academic scholarship for the IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Group. These scholarships are available at the EtonHouse International School at Orchard.
The scholarship grant fully covers capital levy and school fees throughout the duration of the course. This amounts to an estimated $37,000 per year for IB Diploma and $35,000 per year for IGCSE over 2 years to be renewed on a yearly basis.
To maintain the scholarship, students are expected to exhibit exemplary behaviour, maintain a minimum predicted grade A for Cambridge IGCSE or a minimum 6 per subject at IB Diploma. They should also actively contribute to the school and the immediate community.
- Students applying as a new enrolment to EtonHouse @Orchard may apply for a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment.
- Applications should reach us before the Easter break on or before the 19th of March
- A copy of previous school reports/certificates/transcripts must be submitted.
- Fully completed scholarship application form.
- Evidence that the student has attained a Level B2+ in English on the CEFR framework.
- A personal statement (essay) explaining why the student believes they are deserving of the scholarship
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or the principal at their current school
Scholarships are open to both Singaporeans and expats.
IGCSE / IB Diploma Scholarship Criteria – New Enrolments
- Scholarships are available to new students enrolling into Year 10 for the IGCSE Programme, and Year 12 for the IB Diploma Programme at EtonHouse @Orchard
- Four levels of scholarships will allow for tuition fee reductions of 25, 50, 75 or 100%. The level awarded will be determined by the school.
- Scholarships only cover the tuition fees and application fees. Scholarship recipients will cover the costs of any incidentals such as uniform, books, trips and educational visits.
- A family can only receive a maximum of one scholarship.
- All scholarships are awarded for one year and may be renewed if all original application requirements have been met. This includes the conditions:
- The recipient has maintained the achievement level appropriate to the type of scholarship awarded.
- There has been no disciplinary action at the level of a suspension or greater.
- The school has received a scholarship renewal request by the published due date.
Other New Enrolment Criteria
- The scholarship can be revoked
- at any time should the school determine that the application included false statements.
- if the scholar fails to meet the required expectations of the scholarship award or noticeably fails to keep up with the level of his or her capability.
- if the recipient fails to be a role model for their peers and does not demonstrate a high level of commitment to their studies. At least one formal warning in writing will be given to the student and the parents prior to the withdrawal of the scholarship. In the case of extreme disciplinary measures, the scholarship may be revoked without any prior written notification.
- All decisions regarding scholarships are made in private by the school leadership team and are final. No appeals or requests for justification will be accepted.
Applications for entry points other than the above will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. There is a maximum of 8 scholarships available for each level.
Exclusions and Limitations
Excluded from the scholarship are:
- Children of employees or children of relatives of employees of EtonHouse
- Families who already have a scholarship or other form of a grant for the same child, awarded by other public or private entities.
- Beneficiaries will be completely or partly exempted from paying the school fees and under no circumstances will the scholarship mean that money payments will be made to the beneficiary.
Note: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: Ongoing