Championing Women in Agri-Trade
The EWAT programme is designed to support women producers, processors, traders, cooperatives, and associations, both formal and informal, to capitalise on the opportunities offered by the AfCFTA in the agricultural and agro-processing value chains.
The call for applications opens up the opportunity for attendees to partake in two intensive two-day bootcamps in Ghana and Nigeria. The bootcamps will run as follows:
- July 24-25, 2023 in Accra, Ghana
- August 10-11, 2023 in Lagos, Nigeria
Why Participate? The Benefits Awaits
Participation in these bootcamps offers numerous benefits. The ITC promises to facilitate the bootcamps and arrange for catering on both days. Moreover, the bootcamps will include interactive sessions with capital providers, opening up potential avenues for financial collaboration.
For women entrepreneurs residing outside Accra or Lagos, the project may be able to arrange transportation and/or accommodation. These arrangements will be confirmed following the selection process.
Who is Eligible?
To qualify for the bootcamp, the following criteria must be met:
- The MSME (Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise) must operate in the agrifood sector.
- The MSME should fall within the micro and small enterprise category or be at the startup phase.
- The MSME must be led by women or a women-led cooperative.
- The MSME should have at least a basic understanding of bookkeeping.
- The MSME should have been in business for at least a year and be planning to access finance within the next six months.
- The company representative should be committed to attending both days of the bootcamp.
- The company representative attending the bootcamp should have proficiency in English.
There are only 35 spots available per country. The selection process is based on the criteria mentioned above, with companies selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, only one spot is allocated per selected company.
To apply, visit the application webpage.
For additional information, visit the FAO-ITC EWAT Programme page. The deadline for applications is 7th July 2023.
Take advantage of this golden opportunity to learn, network and boost your enterprise. Apply now and take the next big step in your agri-business career.