The welfare and health care of underprivileged children is also an area HOFOWEM considers. Hope for Children birthed the “HOFOWEM Scholarship Scheme”.
Moreso, This is to notify all indigent students who are resident in Lagos State and have secured admission into recognized Government Higher Institutions in Nigeria that application forms for the HOFOWEM Scholarship award are available.
HOFOWEM Scholarship Award
- The scholarship program is sponsored to give opportunity for brilliant indigent students in Lagos State Public Secondary School to pursue first degree courses in Nigeria.
- The recipients of this scholarship will choose courses that will address critical issues on Engineering, Environment, Food security, Education, Public health, and other key areas that will address societal needs.
Eligibility Requirements for HOFOWEM Scholarship Award
To qualify for the award:
- Firstly, an applicant must be indigent and resident of Lagos State and must have evidence of residency: Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) Identification Number.
- In addition, candidates must have prospects of securing admission into a recognized government Higher Institution in Nigeria before applying.
- Also, candidates must have been a student and obtain his/her Testimonial in any Public Secondary Schools in Lagos State.
- This scheme is for candidates pursuing undergraduate courses and candidates must have a minimum of 4A’s – 6A’s in WASSCE or equivalent including English and Mathematics in one sitting.
- Candidates MUST be on full-time studies and NOT part-time.
- Students who enjoy Lagos State Bursary Award or any other Scholarship are NOT eligible.
Terms and Conditions for the Award
- The recipient of this scholarship will offer courses that will address critical issues in Engineering, Environment, Food Security, Education, Health, and other key areas that will address societal needs. In addition;
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of the award without obtaining prior approval from HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- A change in the University/Institution during the study will only be admissible with the prior approval of the HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
Screening Exercise for Applicants
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for the screening exercise.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online