Now in its 19th year, the NSE Essay Competition has inspired over 67,000 young people in more than 12,000 schools across Nigeria.
The NSE, a registered limited liability company, was founded in 1960. It is registered under the Investment and Securities Act (ISA) and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria.
The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
The Nigeria Stock Exchange is determined to adopt the highest international standards. To support this commitment, the NSE has established links with several international and regional organizations that promote the development and integration of global best practices in their activities.
It is a member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative, the SIIA’s Financial Information Services Division (FISD), and the Intermarket Surveillance Group (ISG). The Exchange is a founding member and executive committee member of the African Securities Exchanges Association (ASEA).
Who Can Apply for the NSE Essay Competition?
This Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition is available to secondary school students. Are you an undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D. student? we have other opportunities you can explore at currentschoolnews.com. Take your time and go through the opportunities and select the scholarship opportunity that best suits your studies.
I believe you have young ones in secondary school that may need this NSE Essay Competition? Please share with them too.
This NSE Essay Competition is available to Nigerian secondary school students. International students can not apply for this essay competition.
As an international student, you may look out for this: HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 for Masters & Ph.D. in the UK (Fully Funded)
“How can the capital market help to create a better future for all?”
|N500,000 worth of equity investmentsN500,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop computer/tablet Certificate of achievement Headline at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony
|Trophy3 PCs and a printer
|N300,000 worth of equity investmentsN400,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop computer/tablet Certificate of achievement Participation at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony
|Trophy2 PCs and a printer
|N200,000 worth of equity investmentsN300,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop/tablet Certificate of achievement Participation at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony
|Trophy1 PCs and a printer
Consolation Prizes: 7 Laptops/tablets for 7 Runners-up
NSE Essay Competition Eligibility Requirements
The essay competition is open to all senior secondary school students across the 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT.
- The Competition is open to only students in Senior Secondary Schools
- Entries must be written in English and be the original work of the writer
- Entrant must submit an essay on the entry form and complete all the mandatory ﬁelds
- The maximum word counts are 1000 words
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
Notes for Guidance
- Entries must be the original work of the writer. This does not rule out input or assistance from others
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their response to the topic
- Award-winning entrants are expected to show originality, focus on the topic, and competent use of English as a written language. This includes correct spelling, a good standard of punctuation, and neat presentation
How to Apply for NSE Essay Competition 2021
- Click here to download the 2021 Essay Competition form
- Send your completed entry form/essay via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit online via the form below or on the NSE Facebook page
Do you like this article on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Essay Competition 2021? If so, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more updates.