The JAMB subject combination for Remote Sensing and Geosciences Information System (GIS) is a crucial factor for aspiring students looking to pursue this field of study in Nigeria. It typically involves a combination of subjects that are relevant to the program’s core concepts and requirements.
Remote sensing is the acquisition of information about an object or phenomenon without making physical contact with the object, in contrast to in site or on-site observation. The term is applied especially to acquiring information about the Earth and other planets. Remote sensing is used in numerous fields, including geography, land surveying and most Earth science disciplines (for example, hydrology, ecology, meteorology, oceanography, glaciology, geology); it also has military, intelligence, commercial, economic, planning, and humanitarian applications, among others.
In current usage, the term “remote sensing” generally refers to the use of satellite or aircraft-based sensor technologies to detect and classify objects on Earth. It includes the surface and the atmosphere and oceans, based on propagated signals (e.g. electromagnetic radiation). It may be split into “active” remote sensing (when a signal is emitted by a satellite or aircraft to the object and its reflection detected by the sensor) and “passive” remote sensing (when the reflection of sunlight is detected by the sensor)
The Bachelor’s Degree in Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System.
Please read the Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System
Direct Entry Requirement for Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- (ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
UTME Requirement for Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentary, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging , Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
UTME Subject combination for Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System:
- Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combo: Remote Sensing & Geosciences GIS”.
Thanks For Visiting