The UW University strives to help students from different backgrounds fulfill their potential. The university supports more than 19,000 students on our undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses.
The scholarship award covers travel costs, such as international transportation (e.g. flights, trains), accommodation, and related participation fees (e.g. conference fees, registration fees). This article provides details about his program, how to apply, and the necessary requirements.
- Applications Deadline: Specified below
- Course Level: The scholarships are open to study at the undergraduate level course.
- Study Subject: The scholarships are available to any degree program.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship award Up to £1,500.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: International students are invited to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The travel awards are only open to undergraduate students studying at the University of Westminster.
- The travel must take place internationally and must be completed by 31 August 2021.
- The overseas activity must be at least 5 days long. Erasmus+ grant recipients are not eligible for the award.
- Make a strong case that the travel will benefit you either academically or in your career. Proof of costs must be provided.
- Preference will be given to students who: are taking part in a semester or year abroad program, are receiving the Distant Horizons Award for the first time, are not returning to their home country for the overseas activity.
- In order to promote overseas mobility to groups that are statistically less likely to undertake such actions, the University also has a number of ring-fenced funds within Distant Horizons.
- Students initially will self-select to be considered for these funds – evidence of eligibility may be requested at a later date if your application is successful.
Apply no later than the first day of the month before your mobility starts (i.e. if the placement starts on 30 July, the deadline to submit is 1 June).
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form below and follow the instructions on the form.
- For Distant Horizon awards application form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/distant-horizons-award-application-form.docx
- For Overseas trip risk assessment form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/overseas-field-trip-risk-assessment-form.docx